Friday 31 October 2014

L.I.I.A.R.

L.I.I.A.R.

L - Language, (denotation) a description of what you can see and what it means (connotation). Also codes, symbolic symbols like the colour red showing love or danger. Conventions; genre, colour, images.
I - Institution, who is the the publisher(producer)? why the publisher has published this magazine? Competitions with other magazines.
I - Ideology, ideas , message, values. They way the media language try to communicate to their audience. What the magazine is try to get across (sat)? What the genre is? The magazine needs to be relevant to their target audience.
A - Audience, main image, contents page, colour, adverts, artist, story's, price and genre. What will gain the right audience interest.
R - Representation, how the image is being re-presented. How they are representative? E.g. facial expression,, colour, mysterious. what you would normally find in that kind of magazine and its genre. For example in a pop magazine you would expect bright colours and the top 40 charts, artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment